Re: [gti-vr6] My Gearbox

On 3/18/98 1:11AM, in message <350F8FAF.518925DC@windrunner.com>, Mark Klaus
Radelow <rpc-prod@windrunner.com> wrote:

<<re: refusal of warranty service on Redline-equipped trannies>

> Simple.  It's not factory trannie fluid.

Huh?  That's nuts.  Does that mean we have to use VW washer fluid (arrgh!!) to keep
our washer motor under warranty, VW factory fill oil (whoever's they use - probably
whatever is cheap at the moment) to keep the engine under warranty, etc.?

I'm getting sick of reading constantly of all these instances of VW looking for excuses
not to fix stuff.  Granted I'm *sure* they are warranted in *some* cases, and granted
some of these are caused by abuse where the <perhaps circumstantial> evidence is
strong.. but a lot of it is just bullshit.

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@sprintmail.com
'97 GTI VR6