Alarm shorts?

Hi guys,

Here's one for the all-knowing, infinite wisdom of the listservers...

This morning when I got to work, I get out just like every day and lock the
car from the outside (like we all do), and nothing. No horn beep, no
blinking red light... nothing. Then as I'm walking away wondering what
happened, the alarm goes off (not too embarrasing).

So I try it again... the same thing, no beep, but the light begins to flash
slow and long, for about 1 minute, then goes right to the fast flashes. I
think the alarm is armed, but I'm not completely comfortable that it won't
randomly go off while I'm up here on the 7th floor of this highrise
building.

Needless to say, tomorrow it's going into the dealer, but are there any
ideas what happened? Electrical short somewhere?

Oh, and the weather is a miserable cold, rainy and fog patched here in the
wonderful city of Chicago.

Thanks,

Doug