Re: 98 GLX/Bose/CD Changer

Taylor Bryan wrote:

> Does anyone have knowledge of the proper CD changer/adaptor cable etc.
> to fit with the Bose system?  I have been told (by a good source) that
> the Bose head unit is made by Panasonic.
>
> Taylor  Bryan
>
> 1998 GLX (my third "G" series VW)

Taylor,

look for Precision Interface Electronics(P.I.E.) part # VW97-PAN, this
is the correct adapter for an aftermarket Panasonic 6 CD changer.  Go to
a local stereo shop or call information for Dalworth car stereo in the
Dallas/Ft. Worth area if you are having problems locating the part.
Yes, you do have a Panasonic head unit.

Hope this helps,

David Kim
1997 Vento GLX