RE: '98 Door Speakers

yes, the las vegas is the indash CD, but i didn't install the 10disc
changer (yet). it is the 1997 5series model as described on their
site... check it out.

no, i haven't had any problems with battery drain at all... and i
usually listen to it about an hour every day with the engine off.
(lunch break) and even then no problems. i did the install
myself with the help of the wiring diagrams from mark's site
(jetta.aosi.net) and the crutchfeild supplied diagrams + wiring
harnesses. it was all pretty basic stuff.
moving the black wire over one space? didn't they have the wiring
harness made by Metra? they should have. i hope you talked to
them awhile to make sure they have a clue before you handed
them your keys/wallet... i was going to have mine done at a local
shop untill i realized the guy didn't know how to tie his shoes-
and i decided it would be better if anyone from his shop stayed
away from my baby.
as far as i know the amp should NOT stay on all the time. it should
be ignition-controlled. turned on only when the key is in the ignition,
just like the radio. this is why your battery is draining.
take it back to the shop and tell them to fix your wiring- and if you
really want to bitch tell them that they have caused undue stress on
your battery (shortening it's lifespan) and make them pay for a new
one.

spank me hard- REAL hard

and like three other messages were snipped----- so i dont want to hear it!