RE: '98 Door Speakers

steve,
i have a '98 with the Bose and lemme tell ya something...
the weak link of the system is the head unit. the Bose
amp/speakers actually sound pretty good once you replace
the head unit.
i replaced mine with the Blaupunkt las vegas... and it sounds
great! one of my original plans was to replace the bose
systems with some mbQuart (someone told me they worked
well in the Jettas) but after hearing what the Bose can really
do those plans have been discarded.
one day i will add some supplemental bass to the system,
but it doesn't really need it. i'm focusing my mod/upgrade
cash where it needs it- performance!
dude, save your cash. you're going to be dissapointed when
you replace the amp/speakers and your system is still limited
by the crappy stock deck.

and check out the Blau- it looks great and sounds it also...
enjoy.

'98 black/black leather
3200 miles
STILL waiting on UPS and FEDex
for my 17" BBS RX and K+N!!!
received my Garrett yesterday but waiting on the K+N :(
Blaupunkt las vegas/ Bose (those came STOCK? oh my god!)

_____________________
spank me hard- REAL hard

On Tuesday, March 17, 1998 7:12 AM, Karp, Steve [SMTP:KarpS@1st-annapolis.com] wrote:
> I'm thinking of replacing the stock speakers (Bose system) in the doors
> of my 98 GLX.  Are the stock speakers full-range co-axials or some type
> of mid-range drivers?  Do I also need to replace the speakers in the
> dash at the same time?  Would love to hear what's worked well for people
> out there.  Right now, I'm just gonna worry about the speakers and leave
> the headunit alone.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Steve
> 98 GLX
> Red with black leather
> 775 miles

begin 600 blaupunkt.url
M6TEN=&5R;F5T4VAO<G1C=71=#0I54DP]:'1T<#HO+W=W=RYB;&%U<'5N:W1U
;<V$N8V]M+VYE=W-I=&4O:&]M975S+FAT;0T*
`
end