Re: Euro Headlight switch

At 12:56 AM -0800 3/12/98, jimi wrote:
>dave,
>
>we must be on the same page, i just got my euro switch from timmons a
>few days ago. i haven't installed it yet so i can't tell you what to
>expect, but from what i hear/read it should be no problem at all.
>
>check out these links for additional info:

Thanks for the links--

Can the Euro switch be installed WITHOUT disabling the DRL's? How is that done?

I want to keep the DRL's (I don't mind them, and would rather be
statistically more safe), but I want to be able to have my Fog's and high
beams on at the same time (which I'm assuming the EuroSwitch will do).

If I understand the process correctly, there are two primary steps.

1. Logistics.

Remove the switch panel, and replace old switch with new switch.

2. Wiring.

Place the clips and jumpers in the right places to get it to do what you want.

Can anyone (or does anyone know of someone who has) produced a list of what
to add and remove in the fuse box to achieve what one wants in a modular
format?

Something like:

TO DISABLE YOUR DRL'S...		Remove Jumper 123
TO ENABLE REAR FOGS...			Rotate Jumper 456 90 degrees
TO ALLOW PARKING ONLY...		Remove Jumper 123, and replace with
XYZ.

That way, people can choose from only disabling DRL's, but NOT enabling
Rear Fogs and NOT enabling Parking lights only, to two out of the three, to
all three, etc.

I guess I don't understand the relationships between the jumpers/fuses and
what they do. Call me slow, but all I've seen are some GIF's on a couple of
webpages ;)

- -Khan