interior Air filter mod

zeek the geek wrote:
> i'm looking at the ND catalog page34 reading about the
> Bosch interior air filters and wondering how they compare
> to the stock filters...
> anyone have experience with this? what kind of filters come
> stock with the '98s? Don?

The bosch filter is a HEPA filter which is good for allergies - blocks
pollen,  However

I used to get bits of leaves comming through my vents and a dash full of
shit,
so if you don't really care aboout pollen that much, go with this quick
cheap
solution that I have used for 2 months now - works great.

Buy a $1.29 cut-to-size foam airconditioner filter at your local hardware
store,
 and cut it larger than your VW screen by about 2.5 inches in each
direction.
Then use a large rubber band to hold it on to the stock filter housing.

Works like a champ!

Jim