Re: [gti-vr6] Locking gas doors

> For any members that have a 97 or 98 that are looking to add the
locking
> gas door that was ommitted from our cars(I have a 97) we have the
pump
> mechanisms and the vacum hoseing along with directions for the
install
> that takes all of 8 min. (seriously). We will sell the pump and
hose(all
> you need for the install) for 25 bucks plus shipping. You can reach
us
> at (813) 879-9863.

I have made this mod to my GLX with parts I obtained from an auto
wrecker.  I can tell you that getting the vacum tubing over the
nipple of the T-connector (the Tconnector allows the addition of the
fuel door mechanism tubing to be added to the system) is a REAL
pain.  The lock system tubing is different from the flexible tubing
of the fuel door mechanism.  The lock system tubing is hard plastic.
You have to heat the tubing until it is workable and then get it over
the nipple.

After a few botched attempts, I got it done and secured the connection
with electrical tape for good measure.

I was at it for an hour start to finish.  Ryan, do you guys have an
easier way of getting this done?  If not, 8 minutes sounds a little
optomistic.

Cheers,

- ---
Jeff Newton