Ack, my "Brake" light is on!!

So, quick, someone out in the infinite-wisdom-land of the lists tell me
why my "brake" light on the dash is on (no, the handbrake is not pulled
up:)).  When I turn the key, it lights up normally with the rest of the
dash lights and then when the rest go off, it goes to half brightness.

I suppose it could be related to me taking out the DRL relay (it was
fine for awhile without the relay), but it is more likely something that
happened when I took the car in for the ABS light (althought it was fine
after that for awhile too).

I tried putting the relay back in -- same thing happens.  I used a
screwdriver to get the relay out -- could I have shorted something?  I
thought I was careful not to touch any metal.

Damn.

If I'm going to take the car to the dealer before finals and spring
break, I have to make the appointment tomorrow, so please oh please,
someone fix my problem soon:).

thanks in advance
- -erik