Good hope and other stuff (off topic)

I just got done putting my NewBeetle wiring book together. Wow someone has
done their homework. No more wild goose chases to find plug connectors or
components. There are about 50 pages of actual cars showing component
locations. The pictures are very clear and each picture has an accompanying
outline of the car pointing to the location.

Also this car uses the same fuse box  44 fuses that was introduced in the
1992 Audi 100 V6. This car shares a lot of the same wiring layout that Audi
uses. There are 2 separate auxiliary relay locations under the dash. There
is also a multi fuse block in the engine compartment that uses VW diesel
glow plug styled replaceable fuses.

I did find a mention of a radio/telephone switch over relay in the fuse
panel. It's possible that the car is also pre wired for a cell phone. Time
will tell.

NewBeetle training begins this week unfortunately I won't be going. I have
been switched to working 80% Audi and 20% VW. I will still keep the group
informed with what ever I come across of importance.

A final note. VW does monitor the VW news group. I was approached today by
my DSM in regards to a post in the news group about engine bolts falling
into the timing belt of the new Passat. I reported 3 cases he corrected me
and said it was only one and I shouldn't have mentioned it any way.
I quickly invoked my rights to free speech under the Constitution and
thought I hadn't done anything wrong. I still told him I didn't like the
new Passat and will still call it a "Poor Mans Audi" or "Audi Wannabe" The
car doesn't impress me. I can't wait until the car is a few years old.

Don