Halos and Service alerts

There was some coversation about owners being pressured by their dealers to
answer "Excellent" when somone form VW calls.

I will try to explain what happens. First after you buy the car VWOA will
call and check up on the dealer to make sure everything with the delivery
went smoothly and everything was explained. This is where the first
"excellent" comes into play. If everything was "excellent" the dealership
gets points toward CSI money. Every quarter the dealer gets money back
depending on the amount of "Excellents" also some of this money will
trickle down to the techs. I know because I usually get about $30.00 a
quarter.
When ever you have servicce done the dealership provides your phone number
to VWOA for a followup call. Again here is where another "Excellent" is
asked for. If you have had a problem or you are a "problem" customer there
is a good chance you won't get a call. I know in my shop the service
advisor places a red dot on the work order which menas "No followup" Every
quarter the service manager is provided with a list of responses and his
CSI rating compared to all the other dealers in his zone.

VW is going to base future car allocations on CSI ratings. I heard that
each dealer is going to get 23 NewBeetles. Wow we have 40 sold!
If the response is "excellent" than a "Halo" is sent to the dealership. If
the results are not good than a "Service Action" is sent and the service
manager must resolve the problem and report back to VWOA with the solution.

I can post copies of a Halo and Service  Alerts in anyone is interested.

Don