locking when turning left (sometimes)

everyone,

        well, i called the dearlership and they gave me the home phone # of
their main service tech. and he told me that he had never heard of a thing,
but to stop driving it (duh) and to bring it in on monday morning.  they
said they would check it out, and if needed, give me a loaner car so i could
get around, cool.  for those who forgot, my car has now locked up twice when
turning left, a bad thing since there are usually cars in that direction.
to clarify 'locking up', it is not like when you turn off the car, and the
wheel does not move at all, my wheel still turned left, but there was this
point where it would not go right anymore.  basically, i could turn left,
and turn sharper, or less, but just not right.
        anyways, if they can't find anything wrong, i am not going to take
back, they have to prove to me that it will not do that again.  i don't know
what they will do if they can't find anything wrong, and i say that
something has to be done.
                Anybody have any suggestions??!!  i am going in tomorrow.
thanks,

Chris
'97 Black Jetta GLX
Garret Chip