Re: [gti-vr6] tranny queston

> hey all,
>
> with all the talk earlier about trannies, and warranties, I was
> wondering if there were cases of the tranny blowing from events
other
> than clutch dumps?  I really like staring out with a rolling start,
> taking a turn, taking the engine up to ~5500 or so before shifting,
> am running the risk of blowing this 02A?
>
> I know I don't have a M3, but I don't want to feel paranoid every
time
> I want to drive hard (hard=anything but neutral drops, or is that an
> automatic term?).  Anyone help me out?
>
> -Eric

If you are not abusing the tranny (or VW can't prove that you were
abusing it) then I can see no reason why VW would deny warranty
coverage.

Having a moded car is not proof that you abuse your transmission and
I'd be taking a loan to fight that one in court if needed.

Has anyone on the list frag'd a tranny and been denied the warranty
repair?  Reason given by VW?

For you race jockeys who blow your trannys.....
Common sense would suggest you don't have your car towed to the dealer
from a racing event (stickers, elapsed time penciled on the window).
Pay the extra cash to get the car home, cleaned up and THEN towed to
the dealer.

Cheers,

- ---
Jeff Newton