RE: Waxing My Car

Brian

I have a 96 GLX that has about 46000 mi on it......

It is black on black, and I have managed to keep it looking new.

Here are my suggestions:

1.  Wax your car once every 4-6 months.  As you stated, DO NOT wax any
plastic that is painted
2.  Between waxing, wash your car with a very mild soap (diluted car wash
soap, you don't want to take the wax off!!) once every one to two weeks
3.  Keep the entire car wet until you have completely washed and rinsed the
car.
4.  Use a soft chamois cloth to remove the water from the car, being careful
not to apply too much pressure when wiping.  Always wipe with the lines of
the body.....Never move in circles!!!!!!......You will put swirls in your
paint!!!!!!!
5.  With plastic that is painted, I have had the best luck with water and a
clean chamois cloth to keep it looking new!!!!

This technique not only keeps my car looking new......I've also recently won
some awards

Also, I have experimented with a product by Eagle One called "Wet"; It comes
in a spray applicator, and basically is a teflon spray that is "supposed" to
be safe with painted plastics.

For what its worth........

Mike Bliss

96 GLX
Chromed 16" TSW Blades,  Michelin Pilot MXX3
Neuspeed Lowering, Bilstein HD Shocks/Struts
Air Box Mods, P-Chip, ND Exhaust

===== Original Message from JETTAGLX @ SMTP {jettaglx@igtc.com} at 6/30/98
9:05 am
>I'm about to wax my black GLX for the first time and am looking for some
>guidelines about what to wax and what not to. I don't want to make the
>mistake I made with my old Accord. I got wax on some of the plastic
>parts and rubber gaskets and they turned white. It took LOTS of work to
>make them black again.
>
>What should I use on 1) shiny plastic [bumpers, grill, spoiler, etc.],
>2) flat black plastic [rocker panels, around license plate, etc.], and
>3) rubber [strips on roof, etc.].
>
>I also wouldn't mind some tips for inside -- like a good
>cleaner/conditioner for beige leather seats and something for the dash
>that has ABSOLUTELY NO SHINE TO IT!
>
>Brian Wanamaker
>'98 GLX, black w/beige

Michael J. Bliss