Waxing My Car

I'm about to wax my black GLX for the first time and am looking for some
guidelines about what to wax and what not to. I don't want to make the
mistake I made with my old Accord. I got wax on some of the plastic
parts and rubber gaskets and they turned white. It took LOTS of work to
make them black again.

What should I use on 1) shiny plastic [bumpers, grill, spoiler, etc.],
2) flat black plastic [rocker panels, around license plate, etc.], and
3) rubber [strips on roof, etc.].

I also wouldn't mind some tips for inside -- like a good
cleaner/conditioner for beige leather seats and something for the dash
that has ABSOLUTELY NO SHINE TO IT!

Brian Wanamaker
'98 GLX, black w/beige