Re: Seat problems

-----Original Message-----
From: Franklin Mosley <fmosley@voyetra.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 1998 5:38 AM
Subject: Seat problems

>Quick question for you guys.  Has anyone run into problems with the driver
>seat.

Yes. I bought my 97 GLX one year old with 23,000 mi. The seats were loose
and noisy. Very distracting. I bought new glides for a couple bucks (my
dealer had them in stock) and replaced them myself (took about 15 min. per
seat). The glides I took off didn't look very worn at all so I didn't have
much hope of improvement, but the new glides did the trick. I won't say
they're perfect but 90% better and no longer a distraction (The slight
looseness that remains is hardly noticable). They have remained tight for
the past 6 months. Only rarely does anyone besides me drive the car so the
seat is rarely adjusted. I figured that the previous owner(s) moved the seat
quite often and the glides wore prematurely.

Someone suggested that a tab was broken on the seat allowing a glide to fall
off. That is possible. Check.

Or you could always trade for a Passat like Benjamin Stein!

Good luck. I recommend you fix it yourself. It's cheap, easy and that way
you'll know first hand what's going on.

Randal Dawson
Sacramento