Re: Shifting problem

John Kilpatrick wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Khan M. Klatt wrote:
>
> > This happens to me if I try to shift down into 1st gear when moving faster
> > than say 10mph. When it happens (about 1% of the time) I simply have to
> > stop the car completely before being able to put the car back into gear.
>
> I always thought that this was a feature and not a bug...when I was
> learning stick on my friend's truck and it did the same thing he said
> that it would not let you shift into first if you were going too fast.
>
> --
> John A. Kilpatrick                        Systems/Network Administrator
> kilpatri@sgi.com                       Silicon Graphics Inc., Team TREX
> http://reality.sgi.com/kilpatri/                         (650) 933-4387
>                 "Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind..."

  I know about shifting into first if going to fast but I am having problems
shifting into 2nd and 1st.
I have not called my dealer yet about the tsb but I will today.  If I find
anything else out I will let the
list now.  As an after thought I have had no other problems with my car and can
only say that I love
it.....when it goes in gear that is ;)
Dan