Re: '98 Jetta for AutoX

On Jun 23, 10:27am, Bryan Billings wrote:
> Subject: Re: '98 Jetta for AutoX
> Sorry to have to tell you but they are not very competitive.  I raced a
> 97 GLX and the older 16V Jetta's killed me.  I have done almost every
> mod you could think of as well.  The tires and suspension helped allot
> but never really could compete.  Many other jetta drivers that I have
> ran in to have had similar results.  I could get behind the wheel of a
> Miata and do very well.  I love my GLX and wouldn't trade it for the
> world but if it is auto crossing you want it is not the car.

I'm afraid it's quite true...I'm autoxing a stock '97 and get similar results.

However, this being said, I do love my car and I didn't buy it just to autox.
Therefore I love to go autoxing in it just to push it hard.  For me it's not
about winning but about having a good time.  And I have a great time! :-)

--
John A. Kilpatrick                        Systems/Network Administrator
kilpatri@sgi.com                       Silicon Graphics Inc., Team TREX