Re: Opinions on purchase? (K&N,Mintex,Neuspeed,Foglight,Garrett)

Khan,

Definitely purchase the Mintex 'Redbox' brake pads, brake dust
accumulation will only be about 1/10 of the factory pads.  The
difference in part #'s and price for the European headlight switch is
that the more expensive one is for the 'PASSAT'.  I believe that New
Dimensions has the European headlight switches for
A 3's which have a slight blem for a reduced cost of $54.95, check it
out in the newest European Car.  I recommend that you also purchase a
set of front and rear sway bars.  I went for the Neuspeed 25mm front and
28mm rear from Timmons VW @ $359.95 delivered.  The rear foglights,
there is one on each side in the rear, have the harnesses (bulb sockets)
installed from the factory.  You will need to stick in a single filament
brake light bulb into each socket then run a single wire from the rear
foglights to position # 12 on the European headlight switch.  Call Mike
Potter proprietor of PARTS4VWS at (714) 663-2434, it will be worth you
while.  Mike can get you some 'VR6' door sills, they now come standard
on the GTi VR6's.  Garrett Lim's chips are $125.00 and $20.00 for each
upgrade if there are any. (just released '.10')  Simple 10 minute
install, but have a chip puller handy.

Hope this helps,

David Kim
1997 Vento GLX