Re: Hahaha!!!!!. I've seen something NO ONE have seen in person!.

From: Khan M. Klatt <kmk@pacificrim.net>
>Nobody is saying there won't be a six cylinder Jetta. (Jetta V6)
>
>But, the Jetta VR6 is probably NOT going to be produced. Look at the Passat
>GLX. It doesn't have a VR6 (like the old Passat GLX had)-- the new Passat
>is a Passat V6, the same V6 from the Audi line.
>
>So, while you're right, that VW *WILL* produce a six cylinder Jetta, they
>probably will *NOT* produce a Jetta VR6.
>
>-Khan

The VR6 was originally developed for transverse applications like the old
Passats and GTI/Jettas, which were very similar cars that shared a lot of
drivetrain parts.  The new Passats have completely different architecture
from the new G/J.  The Passat (like the Audi A4 on which it is based) has
the engine placed longitudinally, so a V6 fits easily.  The Jetta IV is
still transverse, so the Audi V6 (a 90 deg design - very wide) won't fit.
If there is a 6 cyl Jetta IV it will have to be a VR6.

-Chris