RE: One-touch close

>>> Can anyone tell me if the sun-roof on a '98 GLX is supposed to be
>>> one-touch close, or do you have to hold the button? I have to hold the
>>> button on my new (1000mi.) car and just wondered if this is normal.
>>>
>>> Another thing that I KNOW is a problem: The feature that allows you to
>>> close all the windows AND the sun-roof with the door key stopped working
>>> after I had the car about a week -- the windows close but the sun-roof
>>> just sets there, open.

I just got my '97 GLX on the first of June, 24000 km's, dealer demo, black
on black leather, every option available.  And so "PJS VR6" sit's quietly in
drive.
When I first picked up my new toy, I too had this problem.  I asked the
dealer about this and was told they could fix it in half an hour, covered by
warranty.
30 minutes later, problem solved.  On my invoice the description reads
"Sunroof wiring tech bull #97-02"  and the operation code is 6000711 W02.
It was a factory recall of sort that told the dealers they were aware of the
problem.

I don't beleive VW designed the sunroof to work on one-touch system as it is
wired into the ignition switch differently than the windows; it does not
have the 10 minute period where it may be opened or closed like the windows
after the key has been removed from the ignition, but before the doors have
been opened.

Good luck
1997 Jetta GLX Black/Black Leather