Re: pink coolant question

Joel,

the pink coolant is designated as G12, on you coolant overflow tank or
on your coolant overflow tank cap there should be an imprint designating
only G12 coolant.  From what I've heard from other list members and
tuners do not for any reason mix G12 with any other coolant.  A clumping
effect occurs which clogs up your cooling system.  G12 is the coolant
that VWoA switched over from G11 which I believe was on pre-97 or pre-96
VW's.  Also, there is the possibility of head corrossion by mixing
different coolants with G12.  G12 is only available from the VW dealer,
the cost is approximately $17.00 - $20.00 a gallon.  Check the archives
at jettaglx@igtc.com and the the gti-vr6 archives.

Hope this helps,

David Kim
1997 Vento GLX