pink coolant question

I accidentally left the hose off the coolant overflow tank and went for a
drive today...OOPS!  About 1/4 mile down the road the coolant light comes on
and I realize what I did.  I quickly stopped, put the hose on (pink stuff
everywhere) and went to K-mart.  All they had was the yellow/green coolant,
so I just got a gallon of H2O and topped off the tank for now.  Is there a
difference between the two colors of coolant?  Should I be able to find the
pink stuff at National Auto?  Can the two different colors be mixed?
--
Joel Bell
jbell@ptd.net