Jetta A4 in production in Puebla

From: Stack <stack@cchono.com>
To: jettaglx@igtc.COM <jettaglx@igtc.COM>
Date: Friday, June 12, 1998 11:33 PM
Subject: Re: Hahaha!!!!!. I've seen something NO ONE have seen in person!.

>On a bright note. The new Golf/Jetta A4 platform goes into production on
>Monday June 15 in Puebla. There will be 2 GTI's . A poor mans GTI 2.0 and
>they will still use the VR6 in the other.

Well. What I actually saw was many Jetta A4s in the production line, but no
Golf. What the people at VW told me was that they are planning to not
produce the Golf A4 because people extensively prefers the Jetta because its
line, the Trunk I mean. If VWM (VW, Mexico) decides to make the Golf, it
will be ready until January '99.

I also saw the finished Jetta A4s being tested on the Noise-test track, and
being driven to the "Circus", where they are kept to not let people from
outside the plant see them.

So, the dates changed a bit...

- - Alexander L. Kunstmann
  President/Founder