Re: New VW slogan: "Are you ready to put up with it?"

Vojin,

> >Now, I ask you, please don't crack on the old VW's just
> >because you have problems with the new ones.
> Hi Philip
>
> sorry if I hurt your feelings regarding the old VW's - my
> mentioning of Rabbit Diesel was in reference to a friend of mine
> who lost her transmission on interstate highway one day.

You didn't hurt my feelings you just said something that I didn't believe
to be true.  I felt that I should reply relating some of my experiences
so that every one can see things from more than one view point.

> >The way I see it, I think that all of your cars just feel neglected.
>
> Feel neglected?!?!  Phillip, I hate to brake these news to you, but
> these are only CARS, they can not feel neglected.

After I finished telling my expeiences, I thought that my letter came
across too harsh (apparently it did), this was just a bad attempt to
lighten the spirit of the letter.

> > Just look.  They're all low mileage cars that obviously don't get
> >driven enough!
>
> 45,000 miles in 2 years is not driving enough?  What are you
> talking about?  What kinda logic is this - the more you drive it,
> the more reliable it gets?  You must be kidding.

> Vojin

 I drive my cars about 30,000 miles a year, & they all seem to be happy.
:-)

Philip

- --
Philip Mueller                                            _
Mueller2@acad.wit.edu                                  ()/
                                                 /
http://geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5626/