Re: New VW slogan: "Are you ready to put up with it?" -Reply

FYI,

The Jetta GLX manual transmission was rated #1 by Consumer Reports over the
Integra and every other car in it's class.

Later,
- -FlyinVR6

<< > Like the Long Throw Shift, umm didn't this come up on the test
 >drive? Did you test drive it.

 Of course.  I have had GLXs since October 1994.  My point about
 long throw was that it's not NECESSARY!  If VW would listen to
 customers for once, they would, for example, quit installing
 crappy Good Year Eagle GA tires, have had stiffened the
 suspenson even more, maybe even lowered the car some, and
 - would make shifter more sporty!  Have you test driven BMW 3
 series, Integra GS-R or Mazda Miata recently?  GLX shifter
 leaves something to be desired... >>