Brake pad wear indicators

Just wanted to clarify:  94-95 vr6 cars (11" rotors) have pads with wires
embedded within the pad.   96 and newer vr6 cars (11.3" rotors) have a
metal "probe" that is part of the brake caliper - as the pads wear the
calipers mover closer to the rotor and thus the probe gets closer to a
stationary metal plate.  Hmm, not sure if I've described it well, but
anyways the 96-98 pads are much bigger and don't have any indicator
wires:)

Rob in San Diego
97 Blurple Vento VR6
Garrett 08, K&N panel w/ modded box
Dunlop SP 4000
Eclipse 5341 /  BOSE

>: Wed, 29 Jul 98 11:24:11 -0000
>From: cyng <cyng@lamere.net>
>Subject: RICE-1
>Midway through the trip out, the wear sensors on our front
>pads came on. Seems there's a cut in the pads, halfway down
>the pad's length and all the way through its depth, into which
>a kind of wire is placed. When the pads wears thin enough for
>this wire to touch the disc, you get a kind of high-pitched,
>light squeal - nothing like really bad breaks or big tractor-
>trailers or anything, just a light squeal when the brakes are
>applied - which means, "Your pads are about 65% worn through,
>and it's time to order new ones, pal."

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]