AMS Keyless Entry

Woops!  Sent it unfinished - Sorry!
Now where was I....
I purchased the AKES (Advanced Keyless Entry System manufactured by
Advanced Motorsport Solutions) for $250 directly from AMS (ND and others
also sell it) and I had to pick it up at FedEx cause they had specific
instructions not to drop it off at the door - sort of a pain but I
understand the reasoning behind their policy.
	 The AKES install is not for the timid or faint at heart.  After
taking the better part of a day and thinking I'd completed the install, I
was all stoked to take my girlfriend to the beach in my groovy keyless
entry car only to find that I had NO alarm and the ignition was dead -
BUMMER!  Luckily I had the next day off as well, so I call up AMS and for
15min talked with an extremely helpful dude (who I owe a six-pack), but
for those 15min I REALLY hope neighbors didn't see me cause, man, I
looked pathetic.  Picture this:  I'm laying upside down in the seat so
that my head is against the brake pedal and my feet are around the
headrest (I'm 6'2"), the fuse panel is unhooked and I'm looking at
literally hundreds of wires, a flashlight is balanced against my left
cheek (no, not my butt), the phone is propped up against my right, and
I've got a sinking feeling that I've done something horrible to my car.
It turns out that while pushing around the many wiring harnesses to make
room for the AKES module I somehow managed to disconnect the power lead
for the alarm - the connector must not have originally been fully clicked
in cause I really don't see how it could have come out so easily.  The
AMS guy left the phone for a few minutes and somehow grabbed an identical
fuse panel from the shop to talk me through it - can't beat that!
	Good things about system:  one tap of  a button will lock all
doors/trunk and set the alarm.  Pressing button for a few seconds and the
windows and sunroof will close with alarm being set - **Heavy cool factor
when people watch your windows close while you're already 50ft away and
oblivious to your car**   The horn toots and hazard lights flash once to
indicate alarm activation.  Dome light comes on for ~30sec after
disarming alarm and when you turn off your engine.  Holding the "unlock
button" for few seconds will pop the trunk.
	Bad:  Range of transmitter is 1/2 distance of other systems I've
seen.   For '96 and up one tap of a button is needed to disarm the alarm
and a second to open the doors.  Only the horn toot signifies a disarming
of the alarm;  the hazards don't flash.  Sore back and bruised knuckles
during install :)

Rob in San Diego   aka guy who HAS taken girlfriend to beach in groovy
AKES car
97 Blurple Vento VR6
Garrett 08, K&N panel w/ modded box
Dunlop SP 4000
Eclipse 5341 /  BOSE

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]