Re: Update on AC woes

At 10:18 AM -0700 7/24/98, Greg Walker wrote:
>Got a call from the service tech this moring, car is fixed, no charge, and
>no mysterious "rock damage". It's actually much simpler: an AC hose got too
>close to the fan and was sliced in half. Apparently this is a potential
>problem in the cramped quarters of the VR6. So sez young tech man. AC runs
>fine now.

You know, one of my pet peeves is someone just grasping at straws before
they know enough to make such a statement.

This service tech who told you that your AC was probably not working
because of "rock damage" was talking out of his ass, and all it did was to
put you off from the get go. This guy didn't know what the hell he was
talking about.

What I like about my dealer is that I go in, and explain a problem and they
say "Oh, well, let me take a look at that, and we'll get you fixed right
up."

Then they go ahead and fix it, under warranty both times (fuel pump
regulator or something and my alternator), without ever offending me or
making some stupid stab at what the problem could be.

I'm sure that if they actually took a look and something was damaged that
was NOT covered under warranty, THEN they'd call me up and say, sorry,
there's "rock damage", but at least they EVEN LOOKED.

If I ever run into a technician like that who says "Yeah, it's probably
rock damage", I think I'm going to rip him a f'ing new one right then and
there: "Look, you stupid moron, the car's still on the parking lot, and you
have no fricking idea whether it's rock damage or not. Just because your
piece of crap 1971 Ford Pinto had it's AC go out some twenty years ago
because of 'rock damage', it doesn't give you the right to speak out of
your ASS and make a stupid comment about what you happen to think what the
problem is WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING, so shut your god damn mouth, drive the car
into the stupid garage, and TAKE A LOOK UNDER THE HOOD before you tell me
what's wrong with my car, got it?"

Sorry, I hate stupid people, and I had to vent. Too bad all technicians
can't be as cool as my dealer's techs. Greg, I feel for you, man.

-Khan