Re: Noises from the engine -Reply

>no way, I thought everything was covered for 2 years/24,000
>miles, check your owners manual.

As I recall, VW calls it "the adjustment period" or something like
that.  It is for 12 months/12,000 miles (for example, your
windshield wipers will be replaced for free in that period if they
leave streaks or make noise).  I am not sure if the warranty
booklet explicitly states this.

But, if anything else is not aligned, doors do not close properly,
door pannels rattle or anything like that at mile 12,001, you are
SOL.

Good luck with the ghost noise
Vojin