more trouble...what gives??

A little history before i begin.  About 10 days ago, I had my 95 jetta gLX
start dying on me, when i was driving...turns out the alternator was bad, so i
had that replaced, and all was well until today and the battery light cam on.
So i coax it to pep boys where i test the battery and it turns out as a bad
battery.  I'm okay witht his, the battery was only 40 bucks.  So i get back in
the car at pep boys and the car fires right up and damned if that stupid
alternator light isn't still on!!!  Drove around for about 20 miles, stupid
thing is still on!! So now i'm thinkin "ok bastard car, joke's over, turn the
light off" but so far no luck with sweet talking my veedub.  Anyone have any
ideas why the light would still be on? Are there any fuses i need to check,
volatge regulators to have tested?  Any ideas will help...please please help
me out!!

Matt
1995 Jetta GLX
bunch o mods, slammed on ground