Re: MEETING OUTTA STATE LIST MEMBER

>I've never heard of the "air condition tape mod."  Please fill me in on this
>or any other low & no cost mods.  The only one I've done is the air box
>sound baffle mod, but I've been too damn busy with my race car to mess with
>the Jetta any more than that.
This one was thrown about on the list a few months ago.
   On your climate control console are the words "Air Condition" or some
rot.
These words do not "glow" when your lights are on, when the rest of the
interior lights go on. Somebody got curious as to why, and pried the plate
that covers the climate controls off and discovered a length of black tape
which had been affixed to the back of the plate, keeping light from coming
through these letters. Remove the tape. Whee!
   Other simple low & no cost mods? I can only think of two, one of which
being the removal of that damned, easily-clogged mesh screen inside of the
bottom half of the airbox (where the elbow tube connects), and the other
being the simple air ducting/custom intake modification which I outlined
in
a very verbose and rambling letter not too long ago. I might be able to
find and send a "reprint" to you if you'd deleted it. It's not the
greatest
of jobs ever done, but it was one of the first things I've done like that
(yeah, I'm not the greatest mechanic int he world). If you can find any
way
to improve on my "design," go ahead and let me know, because I pretty much
suck.
   -T

         /|     -=Thomas J. Boyer<cyng@lamere.net>=-     |\
         \|      -=Tsaim Kurros<pen.mip.net 4000>=-      |/
.     .     .  q u e   h a y   s i n   m i   a m o r ? .     .     .