Re: Springs

Patrick,

I have a 95 and am running the Bilstien HD's with the ND sport springs
and P700z's.  At first, I the difference was huge!  But then again I had
become used to 45K old shocks/springs and the stock GA's.  Now, however
with about 10K on the setup...I think the springs are too soft for the
weight of the car (BTW I don't have any stress bars or roll bars, so the
lack of those could be contributing to my problem).

Low to medium speeds are fine the ride is only slightly worse than
stock.  On high speed 90 & up, big bumps and dips bottom the suspension
out.  The middle of a 90 mph sweeper is not the place you want to have
you're car bouncing off the bump stops!!  If I ever change, I'll go with
linear springs.

A friend in VWCOLA (VW Club Of Los Angeles) has the shine set up
(Bilsteins HD, linear springs and a good bar in the rear).  He loves
it!  Search for Shine Racing on the WWW.  They have a site, but I don't
know the address.

Steve Harris