a "shocking" question

Gang,
   I've got a dillemma.  I have a 1995 GLX jetta and i have just had the front
strut diagnosed as bad.  I have neuspeed race springs and i'm pretty sure
those smahed the stock shocks.  Bad choice on my part I know...  But heres the
problem.  I will need to replace that shock, but I don't know how much it
would cost to replace them all with a good set of maybe Bilstein HD's or
(dreaming) Koni or Spax adjustables.  Are there any spring sets for under $500
for all four corners?  I am 19 and have kindof a limited college kid type of
budget, but i think i can swing that much. Does anyone know anyone who maybe
is selling some and wants to help me out??
    Please help me!!!  Plus the spring rates from Race springs to stock shocks
just doesn't go, so it rides like ass...

Matt
1995 jetta GLX