Re: HELP! battery/electrical problems

I remember reading something somewhere about another potential electrical
problem stemming from a bad ground wire or power cable between the
alternator and the battery, allowing a continuous open circuit.  Just another
idea/ suggestion. My girlfriend's Passat GL (long since gone) had this recurring
electrical problem that we could never solve, wherein if her car was not running,
her battery would run down after about 1 hour if she left it connected, forcing
her to constantly need her jumper cables (she could drive for hours with no
problem, though - different from your problem).  She had the alternator and the
battery replaced at least once each (we lived at opposite ends of the country
then, so I couldn't monitor), to no avail. She only got by by unhooking the
battery every time she stopped the car.  I have a '95 Jetta GLX myself, and
have had no problems. Good luck.