Impressions of New Dimensions Brake lines

     Well, first I would like to thank Ron Whitehead (service writer, mean
     coffee brewer), Tim (the big cheese), and Ron L. (master mechanic)
     down at New Dimensions for treating me and my car so well.  Last week
     I went down to ND during my vacation to have my rear brakes done, and
     their new Carboline SS brake lines installed.  Having nothing better
     to do I decided to sit in their waiting room while the work was
     completed.  It turned out to be a long day, but I was able to get a
     lot of studying done, make some new friends, and get my brakes taken
     care of.
        There are a lot of different companies out there selling Stainless
     Steel brake line, for a lot cheaper I might add, but I decided to go
     with the New Dimensions lines for a few reasons:
     1. Reputation, I know that ND wouldn't put their name on it if it
     wasn't perfect.
     2. D.O.T. approval.  If I'm gonna sell this car I want everything to
     be up to snuff.
     3. Though expensive they are the most affordable of D.O.T. rated lines
     out there.
     4. And did I mention reputation?

        Getting the lines installed is no small affair. 3 hours in fact
     ($234).  It includes an entire system flush including the ABS pumps.
     I chose to go with the ATE super blue fluid so it had to be done
     manually (no pressure flush machine). Thanks Ron L. for your patients.

        Well the out come is great.  The pedal feels much firmer, brake
     pedal pressure vs.. stopping power is much more linear, and you can
     really feel what is going on at the brakes in the pedal.  I also
     notice that my ABS seems to be kicking in a lot less (good) before it
     seemed to activate when it was not really need.  Braking is much more
     positive and the pedal has lost that spongy feeling, just as
     advertised.
        I would highly recommend these lines to other VW enthusiasts, while
     the brakes on the VR6 cars are quite good, they lack a good pedal feel
     and modulation.  The  addition of the Carbolines seems to remedy the
     short comings of the brakes.
        By now it should come to all as no surprise to hear good things
     about ND's products and it's people.  I don't work for them, I've just
     been treated well.  That makes it a little easier when the credit card
     statement comes in.
        I hope everyone down at ND had a good 4th of July holiday, thanks
     agian.

     Andy Atwell