*URGENT INFO NEED* *SPEEDING TICKET*

Hey Guys,

	First off this is my first ticket ever, and I mean ever. Here's the deal,
let me know if I have any options. I was cruising behind 3 Volkswagens today
on a long drive back from the Ocean. Behind me was this big ass chevy riding
my ass we are already doing 55-60 (SP Limit was 55), so I said, hell with
this and I passed this GTi 16V and cruised upwards of 67 mph in the other
lane. This was a 2 lane highway. The other two cars were a Passat and
another Red Jetta. So all of a sudden my radar gets a "Ka 2" Very faint
signal, and I see the two other vehicles up there and I see the cop was
facing us on our side of the highway tucked away, so by the time I got up
there the cop was all lights and already pulling out on to the highway, now
the GTI is on my ass, and we pass the cop at about 55-60. So we pull over
and the cop passes the GTI and myself and doesn't even look over or point.
He heads after the first two cars, and follows them into town and pulls them
over. Now The GTI and I cruise into two and the cop jumps out and starts
pointing to pull me over, and Wham! Let's the GTi go by. Says, I got you on
the Radar at 74mph all three of you. So the other guys ask the cop for the
readout, and says he doesn't have one, but your all locked in at 74mph. Come
to find out the Cop knew the GTi guy and just waved him by? Now notice he
says he got the Passat, Jetta, and my Jetta a 74mph on the radar. I am 3-4
car lengths behind the second car and he was already horizontal on me, so he
couldn't have gunned me since this was the first time I saw him..

Any pointers or tips?

I am contesting this of course, should I also send the ticket with a Letter
stating I want the claibration of the gun, and anyother I guess Discovery of
evidence. The two others are fucked.. But there was no way I was traveling
in excess of 65mph.. Let alone 75! I thought you got to accelrate a little
to make a safe pass?

Tips, Pointers, Help, experiences, anything.. PAWlease..:)

Patrick Sherman
mailto:patrick@volkswagen.org
1997 VENTO VR6 / Tornado Red / 18K
"One cannot live on air alone....Add Water"