Whipple mount impressions/ concerns

     I wanted to post this to get feed back from others that have put on
     the mount.  I sent a copy to Jason and am waiting to here his
     thoughts.  Let me know if you guys have notice the problems I have and
     if you can recomend a fix
     Andy Atwell

     Hi Jason,
     Well here are my first impressions of the mount, I've driven on it
     for 3 days.

     Pros:
     1. Fist thing I noticed right away is that it cleared up my 2nd gear
     shifting.  My gear box is usually quite vague (especially 2nd) and now
     it is much more positive.
     2. When starting in first gear the car is much smoother, no shaking
     when letting out the clutch.
     3. clutch feel is much more precise
     4. smoother engine during down shifts,

     An over all feeling of better connection to the engine.

     Cons:
     1. When starting in 1st gear at slow speeds, (not really
     excellerating) like in a parking lot setting, there is a
     clunking/knocking sound heard at the end of the clutch travel (out).
     2. a motor movement/shifting feel and squeak/rubbing sound can be
     heard when turning the steering wheel lock to lock (when pulling into
     a drive way, or parking lot etc).

     Has anyone else had these above complaints/problems?  Are there fixes?
     The bushings seem to be kind of small in diameter.  They are not as
     big as the one I pulled out.  In your instructions you mention that it
     might be difficult to fit the upper bushing and lubrication might be
     nessary, I had no problems with that, infact the fit was loose, when
     the bushing was up in place (prior to tightening) it would move side
     to side maybe 0.25 inches.  The same can be said about how the lower
     one fits into the "cup" that bolts to the cross member.  I fear that
     this is the cause of the movement I'm noticing above.  Are these
     susposed to be undersized or a tight fit?  Let me know, I like the
     positive attributes of the mount, the idle really doesn't seem rougher
     (nice) but the clunking is un-nerving.

     Andy Atwell