Warranty Claims and Assumed Trickery

Hi All,
	Some Background: My GLX is on an extended warranty to 100,000 miles. This
car is used for work and is up to 87,000 miles. The engine is bone stock,
though the suspension except for the rear springs is Neuspeed/Bilstein and
the interior is ala european spec.
	The Symptoms: Cold start rough idle, until sufficiently warmed the car has
no torque under 3000 rpm. Strange huh? Might be a clogged fuel filter or
injection, but it is okay once it warms???

	What happened to me with the Dealer: I call this morning to get it in, as
I will be needing it next week to move my apartment. I specify the car to
the dealer (also own a C VR6 they hvae worked on), and mention the
symptoms. The guy asks me "Is this the one with the chip in it?". Now since
there is no chip I reactively say no, I've got no chips in my cars. Then I
realize he phrased that in a leading way, trying to get me to screw up I
presume. So then I remember the C has a P-flo since I bought it at THAT
dealer, so I say "perhaps my Corrado has one, but if it does, it has been
in the car since before I bought it from you", I never bothered to check as
I am all to happy with the C's performance.
	Anyway, this may be presumptuous, but that seemed like a question less
concerned with my cars well being, and moreso with my warranty's well
being. The extended warranty isn't even with VW for pete's sake. I know
most of the people at the dealer, and they can be very flexible to a good
customer, why I keep going back. This was a new guy who I have seen before
and not had much experience with. Still maybe I am being too sensitive here
in light of recent list threads, but what is up?-G

PS let's hope my hesitation problem is under the warranty.:)