TB Port and Garrett(long)

Although I doubt you will gain any HP from using a ported TB, one thing is
for sure , you will notice a big difference.
My girlfriend drove the car, and I quote "Holy Shi*"!  The throttle
response is lightning quick. It plants you right in your seat.

The Mod:
The TB is very simple to remove and install, we have taken step by step
pictures. The newer TB's (all OBDII ???) do not have to be epoxied, because
they are a solid casting. The older ones should be as a precaution in case
one would grind to deeply.  To actually do the porting one would use a die
grinder or Dremel tool (worked surprisingly well), with a rounded high
speed cutter, small drum sander, polisher, a medium (4" ?) bench vise, and
a steady hand!

The OBDII Chip:
Is the chip ready yet? No. Garrett is very close, however there is one
error code that is being very stubborn.  Help is on the way, Garret should
soon be recieving some new software tools that will give us much more
detailed information (closer to the vag1551 tool).  Because we tried about
6 different chips to eliminate this problem, I dont have the best mappings
right now (there are some occational flat spots...). Once the error code
situation is solved, he will get back to perfecting the performance - that
is the easy part:)  I am guess-tamating 3-4 weeks from now.

Cautions:
- -Its' easy to f' up your TB if you aren't realy carefull.
- -If you do a core exchange, chances are you will have to take your car to
be reset by a VAG1551 because your ECU is     calibrated to your TB.

jim