outside temp reading off!

I've had my 98 glx for about three weeks now.  I really love how it
drives, and all the power that I have at my finger tips is great.  I've
gotten used to all the cool little gadgets that it has.  One that I like
is the electric temprature reading that the computer gives you of
outside temps.  I've noticed though that it seems to be off between 3-10
degrees every now and then.  I know this because there is a bank I drive
by every day to work.  It has an electric thermometer on it.  I am
always 3-10 degrees above the banks reading.  I suppose the bank could
be wrong, but the chill to the bone outside temp seems more likly to
mach what the bank say than my glx.  has this been a problem in other
glx jettas.  It really isn't a big deal I was just wondering.  By the
way how can a thermometer on a moving car give an accurate reading?
 Jeremy