Re: Good Dealer Story - con't

Jeff Newton wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I wrote a week ago about how well I was treated when bringing
> in my GLX for its first service.

[Snip]

> Damn....either I'm extremely lucky or this dealer rocks!!!
>
> Again, for those in Vancouver BC, try Westminster Volkswagen.  You will
> not be disappointed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff Newton

Hi, Jeff

No, you're not just extremely lucky, Westminster Volkswagen really DOES
rock!

I've been using only them for two years now, and I've always been
treated very, very well.

Their customer service is so good, in fact, that I once walked into the
service department, and had one of their service people, whom I was sure
I'd never met before, come up to me and greet me by name before I'd even
said a word.  I was sure they must have had a picture of my face on the
wall somewhere, with the caption, "Be very nice to this man!" written
underneath it.  :-)

On the couple of occasions that I've had something strange go wrong and
just appeared on their doorstep without an appointment, they've always
arranged for a mechanic to look at my car immediately, and I was invited
into the workshop to have the mechanic explain and show me exactly what
was wrong.

Like you, I'm convinced that, without a doubt, Westminster Volkswagen is
the very best dealership in Vancouver for servicing.  Their sales
department is another matter, unfortunately, but then, you only need a
salesman once when you buy a car;  if you don't service your car
yourself, you need a good service department least every six months.

Christoff Snijders
1996 GTI VR6
24,000 trouble-free kilometres and counting.

P.S.  The couple of things that went wrong were (1) a blocked washer jet
in the rear window (car wax), and (2) a stone got caught between the
brake caliper and the pad (makes a very scary noise when you brake).