Bose Stero Upgrade

Ok, you guys talked me in to a new head unit for the GLX.
I was at a big stero store and this guy told me you have to get some
kind of hard to get conversion wiring kit for the head unit to put
another in it's place or you cant use the factory Bose speakers and amp.
For you guys that have changed your head unit does this hold any water?
If not what was the wiring like and how do you prevent that 35 watts in
the deck from messing with the Bose amp?

Thanks

Bryan Billings
97 Vento GLX
Boston Green