Re: How do you get rid of swirl marks!

When I worked as a detailer we used 3M Hand Glaze for dark colored cars
(find it at body shops that sell supplies). It worked better than
anything else we could find. Despite the name, it actually works best
when applied with a machine. The reason is that when you apply it by hand
the tendency is to put too much on. You really only want a thin film. An
orbital polisher works best. Then after you apply the hand glaze you use
your favorite wax over the top.

My suggestion is to get the Hand Glaze and an orbital polisher (got mine
at Sears for about $30-40). If you have an air compressor (or just needed
an excuse to get one!) you can get an air-powered polisher that is
lighter and as a bonus it can't burn the paint. You will find that you
can wax a car in about *10 minutes* from start to finish. This includes
stopping to fill in the spots that the machine can't get and changing
bonnets. I like working on my car but waxing is one of my least favorite
things to do...

Your car is new enough that it really shouldn't need to be buffed with a
buffer. A buffer removes paint each time you use it and should only be
used when the paint is oxidized. You will know it is oxidized when paint
residue starts showing up on the wax applicator. It can also be used to
feather out *some* scratches-but you better know which ones or you will
just make it worse.

'97 Jetta GLX Sequoia/Biber beige