with my 94 gls).  If you leased it through VCI and have an open ended
lease you simply wait till the 45th month after you signed the lease (if
you have a 4 year lease)and you have three legal good options.

#1 trade in the car for a new one at any dealer for the pay off. You can
get this through VCI.  This is what I did with my 94 GLS.  I was over by
10k on mileage so a turn in was not an option. The VCI payoff was
$1500.00 less than what blue book.  VW's hold their price!! The security
deposit was refunded to me.

#2 Sell it your self and make a profit walk away from lease and get
security deposit.

#3 Pay for 1 to 2 more years same payment until the residual is paid
off.  If you look at your lease agreement the residual is noted.
Usually about 6k to 8k.  That depends on how much you put down on the
car a signing. Then the car is yours.  They can't refuse for credit
unless you skipped payments.

Whatever you do just don't turn it in!!!!! There are so many bullshit
stipulations that you must meet for example you must have 4 good tread
same brand tires.  No mix and match.  So do what you want to the car and
choose 1 of the 3 choices at the end of you lease and bank!!

Bryan Billings