Re: Trick CD Changer install - Jetta

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Jeff Newton wrote:

> Howdy folks,
>
> I read about someone installing a changer to the underside of the rear
> deck on their
> 97 Jetta GLX.  I'd like to know how this was done.  Anyone else done
> this kind of install?
> What is required, any caveats, etc?  Any problems with the Bose amp
> getting in the way?
>
> I'm having my changer installed tomorrow and I'd like to have it done
> this way - avoids
> problem of loose trunk items beating up on the changer.

Having the changer mounted ont he rear deck will solve the problem of
loose trunk items hitting it, however, it really reduces the trunk
opening.  In my 95 Jetta GL I had the changer mounted under the rear
deck.  I disliked it enough that on my 97 GLX I had it mounted on the
trunk floor and like it much better.

David