Re: Garrett vs. Stock vs. P-Chip

Howdy all,

Here's my 2 cents on the chip vs. chip issue:

I can only compare Garrett to stock but I was very impressed with the
difference.  The reason I went with the Garrett chip was this....

1)  Garrett was very professional and very helpful when it came to my
questions and concerns.  He continues to keep his customers informed
of changes and inquired after the install how the car was performing.

2)  Other testimonials.  Many folk's butt dynos love this chip
including those that have switched from other chips.

3)  Garrett's upgrade program.  For $25 you can upgrade to the latest
and greatest as they are developed.

4)  Unlike some other chips, the Garrett properly encrypts and
maintains all the diagnostic tests that the stock chip has - important
should I ever have a problem with my car.

5)  Its invisible to the VAG as tested by one list member.

If the data is accurate and the Garrett loses out by 1-2 HP do you
really think anyone would notice?  The same VR6 engines off the show
room probably differ by at least that much.

I think if your happy with your existing chip, don't change cause
there probably isn't a big difference.  Use that $125 on some other
mod.

Cheers,

Jeff

>      Mark thanks for having the balls to say this on this list.
Everyone
>      seems to be so "G" happy and all without any data except their
butt
>      dyno's.  I have an Autotech Q-chip and have been very happy
with it, I
>      have also driven on the P-chip, and stock and like the Q-chip
the
>      best, however this is only by MY butt dyno.  A lot of people
that are
>      raving about the G-chip haven't tried others chips and don't
have
>      anything to compare it to when they say it is the best thing
since
>      sliced bread!  I have to admit that I was interested in the
Garrett
>      Chip at first when people said they liked it so much but I'm
not
>      interested in spending another $125 for a chip that has no dyno
data
>      to back it up, and might end up in my car's ashtray with my
P-chip.