Re: K2 Defense (was Trek Stories)

In a message dated 98-01-07 11:11:14 EST, George Achorn wrote:

> Sorry, but I think this year's K2 models are pretty nice cars. Not only do
>  you get skis and a roofrack which I really don't give a crap about, but you
>  also get a nice interior, winter package, GTI 8V machined rims (GTIs are
>  not machined), DE red stitching and Golf Ball Shifter (w/o GTI emblem),
>  foglights and fuba. If I were on the market for a GTI, I would buy the Golf
>  K2 probably. It is basically the only way to buy a 4dr GTI in this
>  country.-G

George, I agree that this is the only way to buy a 4 door GTI, but this IS NOT
a GTI.  The GTI is inherently a GTI, a 2 door car.  My real point of replying
anyway is that there are other differences between a GTI and a Golf, like 4
wheel disc brakes, ABS and a slightly better suspension.  That's the stuff
that makes a real GTI, not just how it looks.

Chuck Marshall
'98 GLX
Black with Black Leather
All-Weather Package