Re: Beetle Info

At 09:55 AM 1/6/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I see this car appealing to young female professionals.  Much like the
Cabrio.
>My Ex once made the observation that women mostly drive the Cabrio, and
when I
>started paying attention I found she was right.  I see a great deal of young
>female graduates starting new careers and buying this car as a cute symbol of
>there success.  Besides you don't see to many women ( yes I know there are
some
>of you out there and I think it's great) going for the proverbial "balls" of
>the GLX.

Don't laugh at the Cabrio.  I had a '85 when I was in college.  I don't
know about being a woman's car, but it did attract them like flies.
Nothing like driving across campus on a warm day with the top down.  The
thing was guaranteed date bait . . . ;-)

I don't think the Beetle will hurt the sales of other models. (well, maybe
the Golf)  People that buy a Jetta are looking for FOUR doors and a trunk.
I think the Beetle's appeal will lie in the fact that it is relatively
inexpensive and doesn't look like anything else on the road.  If its
anywhere near as reliable as the old Beetle, it should do well.  Outside of
the Civic, here is a gaping hole in the market where "well made" and
"inexpensive" come together.
	If I weren't buying a house right now, I'd be out hunting for an
early-sixties oval window Beetle.

				Dave

Dave Petke			DoD # 1615
Kennett Square, PA		AMA#429282

Lots'o toys. . . . . way kewl.

There are two types of anything in the world.
That which you swear by, and that which you swear at.