Re: Beetle Info

George Achorn wrote:

> VW o A seems to be swamped today, so check out Microsoft Carpoint for a
> review and some pics. The car will base at $15,000. That's about $5,000
> less than originally expected. Later-G

Mazda lists the Miata at $19,125.  The Z3 1.8L is $25K+.  Even
the freakin' Cabrio is $18K stripped, and $22K+ in GLS trim.
How does VW plan on selling this car for $15K?  Do they think
that it can compete with the Neon at $11K?  You can get a loaded
Corolla or an entry-level Camry for less.  I just don't see
younger buyers getting one on Burger King salary, and I don't
see the boomers spending $15K for a retro flashback.  What I do
see happening is this car bringing back the image of the Beetle,
hurting the Golf/Jetta sales, and crippling the Passat and any
hopes that VW has of marketing an upscale line here in the states.

Just my $0.02.....

- -Arthur